24th March 2020
Caring for our People, Customers and the Community
The safety and well-being of our people, customers and visitors is our highest priority and we want to minimise the exposure and risk to the COVID-19 virus, whilst also fulfilling our obligations to the community as a provider of essential goods and services. We are continuing to monitor and heed the advice of the Australian Government and their qualified medical officials on a daily basis and implement this into our daily business operations, appropriately.
What measures have we taken at our Retail and Depot locations to prevent the possible spread of COVID-19 to our community?
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitisation of our sites, ensuring our people are washing their hands regularly, wiping fuel pump and dispenser handles with disinfectant and making paper towels available
- Providing customers with clean and sanitised hand washing facilities where possible
- Providing hand sanitizer for our customers where possible
- Suspended the use of reusable cups for coffee/tea
- Temporarily closure of all café seating areas and only offering food to go (takeaway)
How Can you Help?
- Follow social distancing guidelines and keep at least 1.5m distance from others
- Use contactless forms of payment such as Tap N Go in store or BPme (an app that allows you to pay for fuel from your vehicle) to minimise contact
- Utilise restroom hand washing facilities inside before browsing our store
- Utilise paper towels available when holding the pump to dispense fuel
Will there be any impact to Supply?
As Lowes Petroleum’s supply and maintenance of fuel is an essential community service, we do not anticipate any impact on our ability to meet domestic supply to our consumers and will continue to manage this with our major supply partners across the Fuel & Lubricants Distribution and Retail business.
We will continue to keep our people and customers updated should anything change.